Take steps to become more environmentally friendly and replace dangerous incendiary flares with 8" Flare Alternative Light Sticks! Cyalume's high-intensity, 30-minute light sticks can take the place of traditional 30-minute flares where flammable materials are present or where people are concerned about perchlorate contamination.
Features and Specifications:
- Safe, environmentally friendly alternative to traditional flares
- Can be used in wet or dry weather
- Provides the most visible light in low light or dark situations
- New patented formulation provides superior performance in cold or warm weather
- 30-minute burn time
- Includes attached wire stand and reflective band
- Why a Flare-Alternative
Light Stick instead of a traditional flare?
- No more poisoning of ground water with perchlorates and phosphorous!
- No more burned skin or clothing
- No more burned-out cars or trunk fires
- No more hazardous shipping fees
- No more special storage requirements
- Residue from burnt incendiary road flares are a known source of perchlorate in drinking water and the EPA is likely to set limits on this. California and Massachusetts have already established limits on perchlorate levels in drinking water and Arizona has set a health-based guideline level
- Flare Alternatives are ideal
- Accident scenes
- Vehicle breakdowns
- Hazard markers
- Alerting drivers of obstacles in the road